Music Will provides K-12 and college educators with valuable music education resources, including professional development, curriculum, community, and equipment needed to implement modern band programs. Together, our teachers have brought the transformational gift of music education to more than one million U.S. public school children.
Our approach helps increase children’s access to music education, by working with teachers, administrators, school districts, and colleges to build large-scale music programs that are as diverse as the children they serve. Join our band!
Modern Band Summit
Each year, hundreds of educators, arts administrators, and higher education professionals gather to experience modern band as a community. Attendees can expect panels and keynote discussions from leading practitioners and thinkers in modern band and popular music education, as well as dozens of breakout sessions on topics including instrument skills, songwriting, technology, classroom management, stage presence, dance and movement, and more.
Sign Up for Professional Development
Music Will supports school teachers across the country with professional development to help them change kids’ lives. Our workshops and their accompanying online music education resources are designed to build professional skills in new and innovative areas of school music pedagogy in order to help music teachers successfully run modern band programs. We offer both in-person and virtual trainings.
Upon attending a professional development, teachers receive the following benefits:
- Access to future professional developments!
- Access to our private online community of more than 1,800 Modern Band practitioners from across the country, posting questions, sharing resources, and exchanging support every day.
- A discounted registration rate to our Modern Band Summit conference.
- Continued access to our curricular materials and online resources.
- All attendees that complete one of our MB101 or MB102 professional developments will qualify for an exclusive offer from Soundtrap for Education.
- Special offers from our partners including MasterClass, GuitarInstructor.com, Fender Play, and others; these include resources for you and your classroom such as composition tools, play-along apps, private lessons, and more!
To be notified about other upcoming workshops, click here and let us know a bit about yourself.
Boulder Modern Band 101
6/25/2022 from 8:30AM – 3:30PM MT
Escuela Bilingue Pioneer
101 Baseline Road
Lafayette, CO 80026
Stamford Modern Band 101
6/11/2022 from 9:00AM – 3:30PM ET
Springdale Elementary School
1127 Hope Street
Stamford, CT 06907
Live Virtual Courses
There are no upcoming live virtual courses. Keep checking this page for updates.
Live Virtual Elective Courses
Social Emotional Learning in Modern Band 178
6/28/2022 from 4PM – 5:30PM ETClick Here to Sign Up
NOTE: Music Will cares about teachers and the important work they do to transform the lives of their students. In that spirit, we have made all of the available professional developments above completely FREE for educators. There is no cost affiliated with attending these courses or joining the Music Will community.