***We are in the process of interviewing and are no longer taking applications.
Summary of the Opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Coordinator, Teacher Experience reporting to the Director, Program Operations.
At Music Will (“MW”), the Program Operations team is one arm of the Program Department responsible for delivering virtual and in-person professional development workshops, planning and hosting our annual Modern Band Summit, and providing direct support to our teachers on an ongoing basis.
The Senior Coordinator, Teacher Experience is essential to our efforts to serve music teachers and their students. This person is a strong communicator and collaborator who can work cross-functionally to create a seamless operational support net for existing MW teachers and educators introduced to MW through professional development workshops. This person will be responsible for coordinating operational and logistical aspects of MW teacher workshops, providing direct teacher service support, and utilizing data to inform process improvements that efficiently elevate the overall experience of our growing network of over 3,000 teachers and their supporters.
This person will have experience with educator communities, which will be leveraged to support Music Will’s strong commitment to teacher support. This role requires a deep understanding of the music educator experience to execute top notch customer service and community building.
Music Will Teacher Support
- Serve as MW’s primary contact for communication campaigns and customer service for existing and prospective educators. Promptly responds to inquiries from our network of teachers, non-profit partners, and supporters via email, phone, and teacher-specific social media channels
- Facilitates teacher community building initiatives including MW’s teacher Facebook group, ambassador program, and Modern Band Summit community and teacher hospitality sub-committees
- Identify and steward relationships with bright spot teacher connectors across regional markets
- Support annual teacher registration and retention efforts (strategy and implementation)
- Collaborate with the events team on teacher, student, partner, and district participation in special events
Professional Development (PD) Workshop Support
- Coordinate logistical operations related to the planning and delivery of MW’s teacher PD
- Collaborate with Teaching & Learning, Marketing & Communications, and Technology teams to ensure the creation, maintenance, and dissemination of timely, accurate, and informative workshop communications related to recruitment, registration, and post workshop follow-ups (i.e. webpage, Salesforce database)
- Actively track and manage PD enrollments and waitlists.
- Uses data to recommend and facilitate recruitment activities (e.g. campaigns to teachers, principals, and district representatives)
- Ensure a smooth PD experience by responding to inquiries from participants, district representatives, and trainers; proactively addresses teacher needs to create a fun, easy, enriching learning journey
- Uses data and feedback from PD participants and trainers to recommend and implement process improvements that streamline the planning process and improve the experience for teachers, trainers, and planners alike
- Responsible for post-workshop teacher follow-up including updating teacher attendance information in Salesforce database, sending PD certificates, program registration and instrument ordering
- Responsible for administrative details related to PD such as processing invoices and expenses and maintaining updated PD info in Salesforce and Google calendar
Skills, Experiences, and Qualifications
Strong candidates will bring a diverse set of skills, characteristics, & experiences – both professional and lived. At Music Will, we strive to mitigate inherent biases that influence hiring practices by focusing on a holistic view of potential candidates and understanding that no single candidate will offer every desired skill and characteristic.
The following offers an aspirational view of the ideal candidate profile; we encourage applications from candidates with a wide range of experiences and backgrounds, especially those from underrepresented groups.
Educator- and Community-Focused
Understands the culture, community and ecosystem of the K-12 education space in America. Has the ability to use their passion to galvanize and engage educators, students and parents to further Music Will’s mission.
Keeps teacher and student needs and wants at the forefront of interpersonal interactions and decision-making. Willing to go the extra mile to help our network feel heard, appreciated, and supported.
Thrives on creating order. Able to organize processes and keep details from falling through the cracks at all times. Ability to handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment; can prioritize effectively and is extremely organized, detail-oriented and efficient.
Ability to identify, gather, and share key data from community interactions. Able to organize processes and move forward the visibility of critical information so that it is easier for the team to make data-driven decisions.
Balances team responsibilities while being directly accountable for their individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes voice, talents, and efforts to ensure the success of organizational objectives for self and team. Willing to assess gaps in own cultural awareness, listen to feedback, and commit to ongoing growth and learning in these areas.
Required Skills and Experiences
- At least 2-4 years of experience working in education or at a nonprofit organization
- Experience providing frontline customer service and responding to customer inquiries
- Experience in data entry and/or data analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively (written & oral) and to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to organize, expedite, and manage multiple projects simultaneously, working within and across diverse groups and teams
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- A successful track-record of building and maintaining external relationships
- Comfortable in an environment that is fast-faced with multiple priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel), Google Workspace, and using social media platforms
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Familiar with functionality, best practices, and etiquette related to social media platforms and/or managing online community experiences
- Experience with CRM databases, specifically Salesforce
- Experience working as an educator, or with educators is a plus
- Music maker is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range for this position is $60,435 – $81,765 per year. Music Will is committed to its team and strives to offer employees a competitive compensation package that reflects the organization’s values, culture, and mission. Salary is in accordance with Music Will’s competitive compensation and career path plan, and the organization’s array of benefits include medical coverage (health, dental, vision) with significant employer contributions, short and long-term disability, life insurance, matching 403(b) plan and pre-tax spending accounts (FSA, commuter). Perks include generous discretionary time off policy, flexible work arrangements, and professional development.
We are in the process of interviewing and no longer taking applications.
Location and Travel
This is a full-time, remote position. Occasional travel will be required, including select teacher PD workshops and events such as our Modern Band Summit each summer.
This position may require some work outside of the normal workday to respond to urgent PD needs and/or to support workshops that occur on weekends.
Working at Music Will – Our Workplace Values
- We are committed to kids and teachers and passionate about the power of music to impact their lives.
- We are one team, with one mission, and one groove, and together we make good things happen.
- We are creative, entrepreneurial, positive, and playful.
- We are inspirational.
- We are accountable.
- We are respectful.
- We support personal and professional growth.
- We work to lead the field – thoughtfully, strategically and with urgency.
Music Will is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We promote equity, diversity and inclusion in order to create a healthy and safe workspace as we work together to foster success for future generations. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.