Past Modern Band Summit Sessions
The tenth anniversary of Modern Band Summit commenced in Fort Collins, Colorado in July 2022 with over 500 educators.
Together in 2022, we…
- Convened in-person for the first time since 2019, with 100 of our friends still joining us virtually from home.
- Participated in over 50 breakout sessions led by Little Kids Rock teachers, staff, and partners.
- Saw the very first teaming up of Little Kids Rock Alumni in a performance and panel.
- Welcome Keynote – Little Kids Rock Staff
- Curricular Keynote – Little Kids Rock Teaching & Learning Staff
- Closing Keynote
- Modern Band Changemakers – Matt Edwards, Ed.D, Liz Guglielmo, Marcia McCaffrey, Scott Sheehan
- Music Education at the Speed of Music, Culture, Technology and Industry – Joi Brown, Latasha Casterlow-Lalla, Nurit Smith, Imani Wilson
- State of Hip Hop Education and Hip Hop Round Table – Y?, Carla Becker, Doug Brown, Martha Diaz, Jason Rawls, Ed.D, Toki Wright
- Student Alumni Panel – Alexis Aguilar, Kelley Janae, Julia Kirkwood, Clayton McIntyre, Alé Vilarrasa Corriero
- Anti-racism CRSE and SEL in the Choral Ensemble – Eric Williamson
- Helping Students Achieve Personal Music Goals – Joseph Campbell
- Intro to Pen Tap – Zanneta Kubajak
- Making the Band: Modern Band in the K-2 Classroom – Nicole Guimaraes
- Creating Fun & Free Virtual Performances – Paul Busby, Diane Harris
- Garageband Challenges – Jon Feulner
- Songs & Student Experiences: a DocSong Approach – Alexander Adams
- pBone in Modern Band – Spencer Hale
- Queer Modern Band – Mia Ibrahim, Ashley Shabankareh
- Remix & Reharmonize with Soundtrap & Chord Player – Joshua Cool
- You can Teach Mariachi with P-Trumpet at your Elementary School! – Ramon Rivera
- PA System Setup – Paul Gilvary
- Diversify Your Latin Music Catalog and Styles – Enrique Andino, Rudy Barrientos
- Studio Creations- Soundtrap Composing and Remixing – Serena Robinett
- Theory History & Composition for ALL Students – John Mlynczak
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps: Guitar Repair and Maintenance for Everyone – Rodney Dittmar
- The Importance of Cross-Cultural Collaboration – Juan Losada
- Composition, Songwriting, and Tech, oh my! – Kris Gilbert
- Get Up Offa That Thing! Movement in K-5 classrooms – Ian Stillmunks
- Orbas & Oddballs: Tools for Including All Learners – Kevin Droe, Ph.D.
- Big Ear: Make A Song, Make A Game – Aviv Ben-Yehuda
- Composing with Loops and Recording at any Level – Ana Maria Jaramillo
- Enter the Cypher: Hip Hop Education for the Music Classroom (2 of 3) – Y?, Carla Becker, Doug Brown, Martha Diaz, Jason Rawls, Ed.D, Toki Wright
- Strings N Things – Katie Plichta
- Enter the Cypher: Hip Hop Education for the Music Classroom (3 of 3) – Y?, Carla Becker, Doug Brown, Martha Diaz, Jason Rawls, Ed.D, Toki Wright
- SWAT (Singing, Wellness, and Technology) – David Greenbaum
- Scaffolding the Barre and Power Chord – Damien Dimas
- Using pBuzz for SEL – Dorothy Pino