An audio company is helping students across the country adapt to school from home.
In an effort to provide support to kids during the COVID-19 pandemic, JBL Audio announced the donation of headphones to schools in eight cities through the Music Will organization, a national nonprofit dedicated to innovating music education in schools.
New York City, specifically the Bronx and Brooklyn, is among the cities with schools receiving these headphone donations.
“Music is at the core of the JBL brand, so making sure tools are available to help kids further their music education and support virtual education programs from home during these challenging times is an important initiative to us,” said Ralph Santana, executive vice president and chief marketing officer at HARMAN. “By working with Music Will, we’ll be able to help schools in multiple cities and give families a little sense of joy through music.”
JBL’s donation will help support communities by providing teachers with tools needed to create programs that empower students and strengthen their connection to music. Specifically, these headphones will go directly to supporting virtual online classes and free streaming music lessons for kids.
The following JBL brand ambassadors assisted with this initiative and announced donation details on their Instagram channels.
Aaron Judge (Yankees) and Julius Randle (Knicks) shared their involvement via Instagram and are among others across the country doing the same. Others involved are actress Priyanka Chopra and NBA players Giannis Antetokounmpo, Zach LaVine, Andre Drummond, Kemba Walker and Bam Abedayo.
- Aaron Judge: New York City, NY (@thejudge44)
- Julius Randle: New York City, NY (@juliusrandle30)
- Kenny Smith: Los Angeles, CA (@kennysmith)
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas: Los Angeles, CA (@priyankachopra)
- Zach LaVine: Chicago, IL (@zachlavine8)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: Milwaukee, WI (@giannis_an34)
- Kemba Walker: Boston, MA (@_kw15)
- Andre Drummond: Cleveland OH and Detroit, MI (@andredrummondd)
- Bam Abedayo: Miami, FL (@bam1of1)
To learn more about JBL’s donation to Music Will, go to JBL’s Instagram page @jblaudio.